Lost or Stolen TFN
Find your tax file number online with ATO online services. Tell the ATO as soon as possible if your TFN is stolen or misused.
Find your TFN online
You will need your tax file number (TFN) when:
- starting a new job
- applying for government benefits
- lodging a tax return
- applying for higher education loans.
If you already have a TFN and don’t remember the number, you can find it online in ATO online services.
You will need to sign in to your myGov account or login to the ATO app.
If you don’t have a myGov account, see Create a myGov account and link it to the ATO.
If you don’t have a myGov account, you can usually find your TFN on:
- your income tax notice of assessment (NOA), if you have lodged a tax return
- letters you have received from us, such as a statement of account
- a payment summary or income statement (provided by your employer)
- your superannuation account statement.
If you use a registered tax agent, you can ask them for your TFN.
If you still can’t find your TFN after checking these options, phone the ATO.
If your TFN has been lost, stolen or an unauthorised third party has access to it, tell the ATO as soon as possible.
If you suspect misuse of your TFN, phone our Client identity support centre on 1800 467 033 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday. The support centre helps people who have had their identities stolen or misused.
They will give you information, advice and assistance to re-establish your identity. They may also apply security measures that will monitor any unusual or suspicious activity on your account.
Welcome to Accountplan, proudly assisting the community in Redcliffe and surrounds for almost 40yrs with:
– an experienced team of Accountants providing Tax & Business Advisory services
– Bookkeepers to help you with BAS, IAS & Payroll
– Financial Planning advice around Wealth Creation, Super & Aged Care Strategies
– Mortgage Broking services for Home Loans, Investment Loans, Business and even Vehicle Finance
While you’re here why not check out our site and see what we might be able to help you with…………